MVL-17-076, Registered Nurse, Permanent Part-time
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Maple View Lodge
invites applications for the position of:
Permanent Part-Time (22.5/Week)
Salary: $31.02 - $44.84
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens
Start Date: Immediately
Please note: This position is part of the ONA bargaining unit
Reporting to and under the direction of the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse will provide a professional standard of care for the physical, emotional and social needs of the residents of Maple View Lodge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Current Registered Nurse certification of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care nursing desirable.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Proven leadership abilities combined with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible working hours required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the Operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, Provincial Standards for Long Term Care, and Residents’ Bill of Rights.
- Provides professional nursing care and ensures that client’s needs are met.
- Assess resident’s condition and identify resident needs through the recognition and interpretation of signs and symptoms and where necessary provide remedial and emergency health care measures.
- Prepare and administer medications.
- Ensures that medication reorder sheet is prepared nightly and pharmacy order is safely stored.
- Provide treatments as prescribed by physician or as identified as a treatment need during nursing assessment.
- Carry out resident care as established on the resident care plan.
- Supervises the care given by the RPN and HCA’s working as per guidelines set out on their daily job performance task sheets.
3. Responsible for the accurate and complete documentation of nursing observations and care.
- Recording of the medications and treatments on the resident MAR’s sheets.
- Recording of Unpredictable Behaviour and Changes in resident condition and the nursing actions taken and the resident response.
- Advise and assist the Director of Care in maintaining up to date resident care plans, following nursing care discussions held during nursing reports.
- File lab reports, consults, doctor’s progress notes and other health care records, when initialed by the Director of Care.
- Follows MVL procedure in the event of resident death (in the absence of the Director of Care).
4. Conducts and enhances effective communication within MVL and with outside agencies.
- Establish a productive and positive manner of communication with supervisors, co-workers, activity coordinator and auxiliary staff.
- Conveys a professional image and deals tactfully and courteously with residents, their families and visitors.
5. Promotes a healthy and safe working environment. Protects own health and health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Assumes responsibility for the proper use of equipment used in providing care to the residents as set out in procedure manuals.
- Ensures an adequate standard of cleanliness is maintained.
- Follow infection control standards.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping of medication cart and MVL keys.
6. Demonstrates professional growth and development.
7. Assumes responsibility as designate for the Director of Care when required.
- Addresses critical issues in the absence of the Director of Care.
8. Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization, as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
9. Other related duties, as requested and required.
The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
Applications should be marked “Competition #MVL-17-076 (Registered Nurse)” and forwarded by 4:00 PM on/before Thursday, June 22, 2017, to:
United Counties of Leeds and Grenville
100-25 Central Avenue West, Brockville, ON K6V 4N6
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request know to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.