Performs labour and duties involving construction of new homes, offices, and apartment buildings. All work is to be carried out in accordance with CaraCo policies, procedures, building codes, bylaws, legislation, regulations, fire and safety practices, and plans
- Provides general labour for the purposes of construction of new homes, offices, and apartment buildings
- Provides general labour for on site activities including clean-up as required.
- Responsible for maintenance and storage of company assets used for construction.
- Maintains high quality standards for all work completed and collaborates with others.
- Maintains site security.
Health and Safety Standards, Codes, Policies and Procedures
- Learn, understand and practice standard operating procedures of CaraCo Development Corporation.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and CaraCo Development Corporation’s health and safety policies.
- Identify workplace hazards in order to continuously improve the work environment and take every reasonable precaution to protect self and others from health and safety hazards.
- Report unsafe acts or hazardous or unhealthy conditions to management.
- Use personal protective equipment protective devices or clothing required by the Employer.
- Current knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the ability to interpret trade codes.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional work attitude and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Organizational skills
- Client services oriented
- Time management
- Team player
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years’ related experience.
- Valid Drivers License
- Own transportation between multiple sites.
- Travel between locations.
- Some exposure to environmental conditions and exposure to seasonal weather, dirt, noise, heat, cold, and mechanical hazards.
- Working at elevated heights.
- Prolonged periods lifting, carrying, pulling and pushing items; stretching, reaching above head, bending, twisting, gripping, and holding items.
- Operating mechanical devices and working with a variety of tools and equipment.
- Fine manual dexterity to operate hand tools and small mechanical items.
- Operating loud mechanical devices.
- Handling job related chemicals, solutions, and products.