Supervised Access Family Monitor
- Posted by: The Salvation Army Supervised Access Program
- Closing Date: Jul 6, 2022
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $16.50
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 24.5
- Schedule: Evenings, Weekends
- Education: College
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Family Monitor provides supervision for children to visit with their non-custodial parent in a safe, secure, child-focused, and neutral setting. Supervised Access is a multifaceted program that offers an important service to families in Frontenac and Lennox and Addington counties.
Hours: every Thursday and Friday evening & weekend
• Supervise family visits according to Court orders or other relevant agreement.
• Communicate with program participants as required regarding childcare instructions, etc.
• Intervene when appropriate to ensure child safety and welfare and terminate visit when required.
• Provide feedback/correction to the relevant party as necessary.
• Maintain confidentiality, neutrality, and professionalism
• Ensure program participants always adhere to program guidelines and Agreement for Services
• Document accurately all visits/exchanges/cancellations/critical incidents using observational note taking
• Obtain information gathered during supervised access visits and prepare accurate and detailed documentation of all visits in a timely manner.
• Collect and maintain client information and files as required
• Participate in staff meetings, information sharing and staff debriefing
• Document direct service family updates on a weekly basis for the Supervisor/ and or Program Coordinator
• Maintain safety of program participants through careful set up of site
• Oversee general maintenance, ensuring client cleanliness of areas accessed by program participants.
Safety and Security
• Always maintain confidentiality of clients
• Ensure safety of program participants within the Supervised Access Best Practices
• Document Critical Incidents and forward to Coordinator when required
Health and Safety
• Know and comply with all Health and Safety regulations
• Reports directly to the Supervised Access Program Coordinator or designate
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
• Collect and provide receipts for client user fees and report payments
• This is a permanent part time position based on up to 24.5 hours per week.
• Flexibility is required to meet program requirements; weekend and evening work is required
• Working environment is typically in the office, program room/classroom in generally agreeable conditions
• Ability to lift/move up to 30 pounds for set up and dismantling of equipment at each site is an asset
• This position requires reaching, bending, and stooping frequently, working in a standing position for periods of time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
• Degree/Diploma in social services from an accredited university/college; social work, early childhood education, family and youth preferred
• First Aid & CPR Certification
• Bilingual in English and French preferred
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification is an asset.
• Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements
• Minimum two years’ experience working in social service setting
• Knowledge regarding the impact of separation and divorce on families, particularly children
• Negotiation, conciliation, and conflict management skills.
Skills and Capabilities:
• Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient in working in a computerized environment; must demonstrate strong skills using Microsoft Office.
• Exhibit good listening skills, have strong oral/written communication skills.
• Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics.
• May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate as an active and responsible team member in a cooperative team environment.
• Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check screening as required
• Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities
Submit Resume to: Alicia Lambert, Program Coordinator email@example.com
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Perks & Benefits
- On the job training
- Additional training available
- Regular performance reviews
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Terrific work environment
- Flexible work environment
- Casual dress code