Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
- Posted by: Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $25.06 - $25.72
- City: Napanee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 20-30
The C.S.R. Aide is responsible for processing and maintaining various supplies, instruments and equipment (both sterile and clean) for all hospital use. Another major function is in the Operating Room, where the Aide is responsible for collecting, decontaminating, inspecting, assembling, wrapping, sterilizing, and distribution of instruments.
Hours of Work: Schedule rotation may include days, evenings, and weekend on call coverage.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the S.E.I.U. Local 1, Canada Service Workers Collective Agreement for Central Supply Room Aide Classification.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma.
- Successful completion of the Medical Device Reprocessing Certification with current recertification;
- Endoscopy Cleaning Certification (or willingness to obtain within 6 months of starting employment).
- Current CSR experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word and Excel experience required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully;
- Ability to work in a team environment exercising flexibility to organize work assignments and deal with interruptions;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must have previous good performance and attendance record.
Physical Requirements:The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.