Customer Service Representative
- Posted by: City of Kingston
- Closing Date: Jan 31, 2023
- City: Kingston, Ontario
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $25.27 - $34.19
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members *2SLGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
Number of Positions: 2
Salary: $25.27 - $34.19/Hour
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/wk
The Customer Service Representative is the main point of contact for Utilities Kingston customers, providing service excellence and exceeding customer expectations.
This position will be required to respond efficiently and professionally to all customer enquires related to Billing, service transactions, and energy efficiency.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to emails for electric, water, sewer, gas and hot water tanks; respond to customer concerns and inquires in a professional, courteous and constructive manner
- Assist customers with web portal and online inquiries
- Assist customers with their understanding of account charges and resolve billing inquiries
- Set up, reconcile, or finalize customer accounts
- Schedule customer reconnections, and service appointments
- Provide customer support during power outages
- Responsible for demonstrating and maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of Utilities Kingston practices and policies
- Promotion of various customer services and Conservation initiatives for Utilities Kingston
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education
- Three (3) years of experience working in a customer driven, service delivery position
- Demonstrated work experience in conflict resolution, creative problem solving, resourcefulness, negotiating for success and influencing others
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and experience using customer relationship management (CRM) application
- Must have knowledge and understanding of working with utility billing system
- Knowledge of the Utilities Kingston CIS is an asset
- Must demonstrate the corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Oriented, Integrity and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication delivered in a patient & courteous manner
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, high-volume environment while adhering to critical deadlines
- A proven team player, possessing strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent quality management, organizational skills, together with the ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with both internal and external customers, and outside agencies
- Must obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check (CPIC).
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.