- Posted by: Edgewater Stonemasons
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $18.00 - $30.00
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days, Weekends
- Education: High School
Edgewater Stonemasons has an opportunity for a creative, hands-on individual to assist our masons on new build and restoration projects. The ideal person likes physical, outdoor work, and takes pride in the work they do. We are a small company that specializes in brick and stone repair of historic buildings, and custom stonework. We offer competitive wages, benefits, room for growth, and a tight-knit group of co-workers.
Apprenticeship opportunities available
Visit our website or instagram to learn more about the company and the work we do: www.edgewaterstonemasons.com | @edgewaterstonemasons
The ideal person likes physical, outdoor projects, and can work independently or with others. Experience is an asset.
Please have clean criminal and driving records.
- Mix mortar using equipment according to specific formulas
- Deliver mortar and other materials to masons
- Cut brick and stone using power tools, cutting equipment and hand tools.
- Layout and build scaffold or other access systems
- Clean and organize equipment, tools, work sites and storage areas
- Move or position materials using cranes, hoists or dollies
- Monitor material inventories
- Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others - Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Related Work Experience - 1-2 years
- Required Level of Education - High School