- Posted by: Picton Animal Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Oct 9, 2023
- City: Picton
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: 16 - 18
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Looking for an experienced full time administrative savvy individual for predominantly reception duties who is able to assist in other areas with patient care.
- Provide exceptional client service and build relationships with clients through service, respect and professionalism.
- Welcomes and supports clients and patients, adapting responses to reflect the situation.
- Ensures smooth communication throughout a client's visit. Acts as a liaison between clients and medical team and relays all necessary information timely and correctly. identifies and addresses any issues.
- Accommodates client requests for timely veterinary care.
- Meets predetermined goals for appointments and surgery fill rates.
- Routinely contributes to the cleanliness and organization of the practice, to ensure all guests leave with a positive impression of the hospital.
- Greets, handles and treats pets with kindness, compassion, patience and skill using Fear Free techniques. Nurtures an environment that makes them feel safe and secure.
- Supports healthcare recommendations and helps educate clients on care or products that would enrich the life if their pet.
Planning and Productivity
- Ensures that front office equipment is maintained and in proper and safe working condition.
- Works efficiently and carefully to meet timelines and ensure job responsibilities, standards of work, and tasks are achieved.
Culture Championship & Communication
- Uses a collaborative approach, assumes positive intent, and fosters open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Follows progressive patient care standards while supporting a positive work environment.
- Is able to diffuse client conflict in a professional, hospitable, and tactful manner. Escalates/refers when appropriate to a Team Leader of PM.
- Contributes, supports, and implements new ideas and positive changes for themselves, the team and the hospital
Leadership & Coaching
- Helps train and develop Kennel Attendants and new team members.
- Actively participates in personal skill enhancement and continuous learning
- Is enthusiastic and responsive to coaching and mentorship.
- Helps with orientation and training of new members.
- Meets with team leader and PM on a regular basis to share key ideas to improve efficiency and performance.
Technical Applications & Role Awareness
- Performs animal handling duties, safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Performs clerical duties, schedules appointments, answers questions and maintains front office and exam room flow.
- Correctly enters client and patient information into computer, and confirms it's up to date at every visit.
- Identifies questionable or missed fees, and ensures that owners meet financial obligations. Accurately performs daily invoicing, cash management and reconciliation.
- Provides direct assistance to Technicians, Vets, and general assistance throughout hospital with appointments, treatments, procedures
- Consistently uses available resources (ALLY DVM, P3COMMUNITY) to improve communication of pets health needs to clients. This includes recalls, reminders and forward booking.
- Follows and adheres to scheduled shifts and makes the best effort to cover shifts when needed.
- Follows fee schedules and medical records to ensure al treatments, drugs and procedures are recorded and charged appropriately.
- Assists in monitoring inventory of office supplies, prescription food and retail supplies.
- Supports and participates in all voluntary and mandatory accreditations/regulations and training. This include Fear Free, Hands Free radiation, employment standards, WHIMIS.