Library Assistant (Urban - 2022-30e)
- Posted by: Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $25.40 - $27.85
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 7.5
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Education: College, University
The Kingston Frontenac Public Library (KFPL) has an opening for the position of Library Assistant (urban), part-time, permanent, unionized.
The Library is committed to diversity in employment opportunities and welcomes employment applicants from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ2S+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Hours of Work:
The hours of work for this position take place at the Calvin Park (CP) branch and are scheduled over a 3-week rotation* (see below). There may also be opportunities to work additional shifts on a casual, call-in basis.
Week 1: Tuesday 4-8 and Saturday 11-3
Week 2: Tuesday 4-8 and Friday 9-5
Week 3: Tuesday 4-8
* The next 3-week rotation begins on Monday, May 2nd and ends on Saturday, May 21st
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks that assist in providing library services to the community, with an emphasis on circulation duties.
• Two year college diploma or equivalent, with an emphasis on technology. Library and Information Technician diploma preferred.
• 1-2 years' experience in a relevant position.
• Excellent customer service and de-escalation skills, tact, resourcefulness, and flexibility, as well as a passion for library service.
• Working knowledge of computers and devices (e.g. printers, tablets, e-readers), and commonly used software such as Microsoft Office; Internet Explorer; Windows; and be comfortable with using KFPL's digital collections and services (e.g. cloudLibrary), social networking applications and email applications (e.g. Gmail).
Hourly rate is $25.40 - $27.85 (plus 4% vacation pay and 14% in lieu of benefits).
This position is covered by the terms of the CUPE Local 2202 collective agreement with the Kingston Frontenac Public Library.
Conditions of Employment:
The successful candidate, to whom an employment offer has been made, shall be required to provide a current CRC (Criminal Record Check), including vulnerable sector, at their own expense.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter before 4:30 PM, Friday, April 29, 2022 to:
Amy Rundle, Administrative Assistant
Kingston Frontenac Public Library
130 Johnson Street, Kingston ON K7L 1X8
Pursuant to AODA requirements, accommodations for disabilities are available to job applicants who are invited to participate in an interview and who request individual accommodation during the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in the Kingston Frontenac Public Library. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Visit us at www.kfpl.ca.