Laboratory Assistant (TPT 0.5 FTE)
- Posted by: The Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Brockville
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $27.81 - $30.66
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 18.75
- Schedule: Days
- Venipuncture and other specimen collection as required.
- Receiving, verifying, labeling and preparation of specimens for testing (onsite or referred out).
- Separating, packaging and shipping of all samples to testing laboratories in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion.
- Performing EKGs as required.
- Follow safe work practices and procedures at all times.
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Other duties pertaining to the Lab such as inventory management and Supplies ordering.
- Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of The Royal.
- Ensure a work environment that is conducive to The Royal’s Harassment Free policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary training in an approved accredited medical laboratory technician program with MLPAO certification (or equivalent)
- Knowledge, experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements/credentials.
- Previous venipuncture and EKG experience required.
- Knowledge of applicable occupational health and safety legislation; transportation of dangerous goods, WHMIS, Universal precautions, safe handling practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a Mental Health setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to data enter information accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Maintain workload measurement and data collection (i.e. RAI-MH) as required and input into the workload measurement system on a regular basis.
- English level A- is mandatory in oral comprehension, expression, reading, and writing. Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.