Universal Worker - Rideaucrest Home (up to 12 Months)
- Posted by: City of Kingston
- Closing Date: May 26, 2022
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.74
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: up to 40
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekends
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members *2SLGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
- The Universal Worker is responsible for supporting infection control by screening staff and visitors and providing high-touch surface cleaning at Rideaucrest Home, a City-owned, non-profit long-term care facility.
- Screen all persons entering and exiting Rideaucrest Home using a standardized screening tool (questionnaire and tympanic thermometer)
- Ensure all visitors read and understand the Covid-19 screening questionnaire and complete sign-in sheet
- Adhere to necessary policy and procedures related to wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Verify staff eligibility for entrance into the Home by verifying employment status with employee ID
- Ensure all persons entering the Home follow proper precautionary measures and wear the correct protective apparel as required
- Refer individuals to advanced screening if required
- Complete high-touch surface area cleaning – tables, doorknobs, handles, light switches, alarm, button, elevators, keypads, sanitizing stations, stairway railings, washroom faucets, flush buttons, check hand sanitizing stations etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 months experience working in a customer service environment
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns)
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sound judgment and conflict management skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (day and evenings), 7 days per week
- Proof of recent screening for Tuberculosis (TB)
- Proof of immunity to communicable diseases
- Proof of full COVID-19 immunization receipt
- Must obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector, at candidates’ expense.
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Please ensure to check any spam or junk folders for any emails coming from a City of Kingston account.