Health Information Practitioner / Coder
- Posted by: Interior Health Authority
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $28.63 - $35.76
- City: Kelowna, BC
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School, College, University
Interior Health has multiple opportunities to join the team as a Health Information Practitioner / Coder!
-Permanent Full Time, Kelowna General Hospital - Job ID# 1655366
-Relief Full Time, Kelowna General Hospital - Job ID# 1645133
-Relief Full Time, Kelowna General Hospital - Job ID# 1651724
The Health Information Practitioner performs technical functions such as coding, abstracting, retrieval of computerized data and processing of medical and legal correspondence. The skills and knowledge of the Health Information Practitioner support clinical research and provide the information for medical and health care statistics. You'll love working within a friendly and supportive team environment, and will enjoy a stimulating organizational culture.
The successful applicant participates in the quality improvement program of Health Information Management Services to ensure compliance with established guidelines, external regulatory and accreditation requirements and to ensure consistency of quality data for the organization’s internal data needs and identify, investigate and prevent violations.
What will you work on?
Interior Health facilities provide medical, surgical and specialty services to patients throughout its service area. In this position the Health Information Practitioner will work with acute and surgical daycare abstracts.
How will you create an impact?
Data extracted from charts coded by Health Information Practitioners is used to evaluate delivery of services, as well as for strategic planning and funding, to justify increased resource use, public health surveillance, and research purposes.
How will we help you grow?
Health Information Management leadership at Interior Health is dedicated to providing a work environment where employees are encouraged and supported in the development of their careers, offering a variety of opportunities to support the development of interpersonal, emotional and professional skills.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for dedicated professionals who are passionate about Health Information Management, interested in technology, enjoy working with data and want to make a difference in health care.
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to maximize your skills! Apply today!
Interior Health is a BC Top Employer and we offer excellent benefits and the opportunity to maximize your skills! We are an organization that provides you with room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
- Graduation from a recognized program for Health Information Practitioners. Certified by the Canadian College of Health Information Management and eligible for active membership with Canadian Health Information Management Association.
- Knowledge of protection of privacy and freedom of information legislation, patient’s rights to confidentiality and legal requirements for the production of records.
- Knowledge of health information systems and database management, statistical calculations, and interpretation of reports from administrative and clinical databases.
- One year’s recent related experience in a HIMS department of an acute care health care facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.