General Maintenance Technician (Building Operator)
- Posted by: Ainsworth Inc.
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, to drive your career development, embraces diversity and rewards innovation, with competitive pay and great employee programs, join the Ainsworth team today!
Ainsworth is looking for candidates who will be assigned to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and the Canada Science and Technology Museum, Ottawa. These candidates will participate in the many interview activities to ensure a visitor experience and to ensure the continuity of real estate operations.
- Perform daily verification of systems and facilities serving the building
- Perform various tasks related to building maintenance (replace light bulbs, minor repairs to doors & windows, locksmithing, minor domestic plumbing and electricity repairs, etc.)
- Perform all necessary minor repairs requested as well as all other manual tasks.
- Visual inspections and tours of the exterior of the building
- Make minor interventions at the level of electromechanical systems (i.e. replace filters, take readings from various meters, etc.);
- Respond to calls for services.
- Attend the preparation of special events
- Assist in the interventions of specialized subcontractors if requested by his immediate superior.
- Support for moving and repairing furniture
- Complete preventive and corrective work orders as requested by the Customer.
- Be available to answer service calls outside of regular working hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Provides support and backup for other administrative duties as requested
- Possess a high school diploma.
- Have completed a course in general building maintenance (an asset);
- Experience in general building maintenance.
- Be able to express themselves in French and English.
- Experience working with clients, contractors and responding to diverse demands.
- Have the physical ability to move heavy objects.
- Have the ability to work outdoors in hot (summer) and cold (winter) conditions;
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Ainsworth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
Ainsworth is an integrated multi-trade company, offering an end-to-end services and solutions for all asset maintenance and refurbishment requirements of our customers. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced products as well as provide the highest quality service. We are rapidly growing and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best multi-trade company in the country! Join us…. Make a difference.