Contract Procurement Specialist
- Posted by: Shared Support Services Southeastern Ontario
- Closing Date: Jul 7, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
Regional Contract/Procurement Specialist
3SO Head Office, Kingston/Remote (hybrid), Full-time
Under the direction of the Director Procurement and Innovation, you will be a member of our vibrant Procurement team, with the following responsibilities:
- Management of regional and corporate hospital contracts through the development of strategic sourcing contracts for capital / non capital services and supplies
- Facilitation of regional and corporate competitive initiatives
- Building and maintaining productive and mutually beneficial relationships with strategic suppliers to ensure most effective sources of supply and services
- Compiling and facilitating evaluation processes and negotiations on behalf of member hospitals
- Reviewing and interpreting supplier contract terms and conditions and maintaining an up-to-date understanding of evolving client needs, industry trends and procurement best practices and processes.
You will have the flexibility of combining both virtual and in-person work; our workplace includes a combination of in-office days at our 3SO head office, possible meetings at our member hospitals, and virtual work conducted at an appropriately secure, remote location, provided by the employee. 3SO retains the discretion to assign the location of work.
- University degree from a recognized institution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Certification in procurement or supply chain or willingness to complete
- Knowledge of proven negotiation tools and processes
- 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably multi-site organization or broader public sector organization
- Ability to lead cross function teams
- SAP experience in a material management module an asset
- Proficient computer skills with advanced MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex negotiations with suppliers
- Occasional travel will be required.
Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check is required.