Health Information Management Professional
- Posted by: The Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Brockville
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Quantitative Analysis of Clinical Records for Completeness
- Performs a quantitative analysis of the clinical record.
- Identifies deficiencies.
- Inputs, edits, deletes chart deficiencies in the MediTech chart deficiency tracking system.
- Maintains MediTech Borrower files according to Program.
- Monitors physician and discipline compliance with chart deficiency policy.
- Reports physician non-compliance to Director of Clinical Records and to the Clinical Directors.
- Reports discipline non-compliance to Director of Clinical Records, Director of Professional Practice.
- Maintains and dispatches deficiency letters of warning/suspension.
- Assists clinical staff concerning inquiries regarding chart deficiencies.
- Assigns ICD 10 codes to diagnoses on inpatient charts.
Closing of Out-Patient Admissions
- Periodically print inactive cases list to close out-patient admissions as necessary and retrieve charts from Master File.
- Review charts and direct to appropriate staff physician to complete closure procedure.
- Notify staff physicians’ secretaries to book time and close their charts.
- Once charts are closed and complete with final diagnosis, close in computer ADT System by entering date of discharge and disposition.
Chart Maintenance: Assembly, Filing, Chart Creation and Repair
- Creates chart with tabs and assembles inpatient, outpatient and day hospital patient charts.
- Performs final check of chart assembly of patient charts.
- Files clinical reports and other documentation on clinical record on timely basis.
- Repairs chart folders.
- Separates chart by volume as required.
Chart Retrieval and Delivery and other Clerical Duties
- Provide back-up assistance to other Clinical Record duties (i.e. retrieve charts/file charts and reports/Clinical Records run) when staff on sick/vacation leave.
- Telephone coverage according to weekly back up roster.
- Assist Physicians and Allied Health Staff in the completion of their deficiencies.
- Training of H.I.M. (H.R.A./H.R.T) students from Community College.
- Works in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the Royal.
- Ensures a work environment that is conducive to the Royal’s Anti-Racism, Harassment, and Discrimination-Free Workplace policy.
- Other duties as required by the Director/Manager of the Service.
- College diploma – Health Information Management (HIM) required.
- Certification with and member in ‘good standing’ with Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) required.
- Intermediate computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Keyboarding skills, speed of 20 words per minute with high accuracy.
- Good organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with ICD 10 coding.
- Knowledge and experience with MediTech an asset.
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading and writing. Bilingual (French/English) is considered an asset.