- Posted by: Job Zone d'emploi
- Closing Date: Aug 13, 2022
- City: Cornwall
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School
Job Developer (permanent)
Job Zone d'emploi is recruiting to fill a permanent position for a Job Developer. The Job Developer will remain current on Labour Market Information, salaries and working conditions and will be responsible for recruiting employers and provide the necessary supports/services to ensure positive trainee/trainer rapport.
Under the direction of the Director of Community Relations, the Job Developer will effectively maintain referred caseloads and meet all activity and targets of the designated program.
The successful candidate would ideally:
- Minimum Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Post Secondary Education in Business/Marketing would be an asset
- possess marketing/sales experience
- possess excellent communication skills in English; oral and written *French considered an asset
- possess strong computer skills
- possess a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- have the ability to advocate to local employers, on behalf of individuals with employment barriers
- possess strong negotiation skills
- be empathetic to and understand the challenges facing the unemployed
- have an understanding of local labour market research and job search techniques
- have knowledge of local community resources
- possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills
- possess time and work management skills
- respect diversity
- possess a strong work ethic and be committed to maintaining a high level of professionalism
- be able to work in a team environment
- promote confidentiality as a norm
Job requires working in an office setting, as well as travelling to off sight locations i.e. local businesses, industries and schools within the counties of Stormont and Dundas
A neat and tidy personal appearance is required; casual business attire. Safety equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs and safety boots) will be provided and must be worn on construction sites
Thirty five hour work week; Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime in the early morning, evenings, and/or weekends
Use of office equipment required: computers, software specific to programs.
This position is posted both internally and externally.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY AUG 12, 2022 at 12:00pm (noon)
Job Zone d’emploi wishes to thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Zone d’emploi is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act 2019, upon request, all applicable provincial accessibility standards for accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please fill out your occupation tasks.