Accounting & Operations Associate
- Posted by: Sensient Colors Canada
- Closing Date: Aug 31, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: FT hours
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
Are you an entrepreneurial-minded, organized self-starter, with a solid accounting background who is looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We are searching for an office professional who thrives working across multiple functional areas to join our growing business.
The Accounting and Operations Associate is responsible for providing support to the management team for the Kingston, Ontario site with a primary focus on assisting the Food Colors Canada Business Unit Controller. This individual will also support the Operations Senior Site Leader and the Senior Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cost Accounting Support
- Support the cost accounting function with data entry of manufacturing routes and updates to item cost data
- Help develop bill of material standards, product costing, and period costs for operating reports.
- Explain year over year cause of changes.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare reports reconciling standard costs to actual costs
- Assist with forecasting variances for monthly forecasts and budget updates
Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Support AR/AP Shared Services team regarding check processing, documentation scanning, invoice approval, check deposits, and other various duties as required.
- Proactively liaison between shipping/receiving personnel to resolve payable processing issues
- Reconcile daily cash activity
- Ensure invoices are approved and correct before processing payments.
- Prepare data for month-end AP accrual and prepare monthly AR/AP sub-ledger reports
- Review weekly freight reports for GL data coding
- Manage external office service vendors
- Organize and scan manufacturing work orders and quality documentation into the ERP system
- Manage site training program
- Monitor employee attendance and report trends, exceptions, anomalies to Senior Site Leader
- Serve as an assistant to the security manager by screening visitors and delivery personnel
Other - HR and Accounting Support
- Support financial audits, bank field exams, and other data inquiries
- Manage the petty cash fund
- Coordinate monthly processing of travel and expense reports
- Assist in data entry for bi-weekly payroll
- Administer onboarding for new hires and support benefits administration
- Local primary contact for all Human Resource questions and works with Corporate HR for any escalated matters
- Handle and screen all incoming phone calls
- Maintain local HR database. Monitor employee milestones for recognition
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Accounting experience and/or education
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Analytical abilities
- Entrepreneurial attitude and outlook
- Confidentiality is required for this role
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An associate degree in Accounting or Commerce is strongly preferred.
- Previous accounting experience is required. Experience working with an ERP system preferred.
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Background in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
To apply online, please visit: