Network and Security Specialist
- Posted by: County of Brant
- Closing Date: Aug 14, 2022
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $69,688 - $81,518
- City: Burford
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
Title: Network and Security Specialist
Wage: $69,688 - $81,518 (Job Grade 6 - Under Review)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network infrastructures.
- Ensure secure and stable server connectivity, including the testing of network protocols.
- Create internet domains and optimize intranet performance.
- Test data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Install, update, and configure end-user networking accessories.
- Run diagnostic tests and perform necessary repairs.
- Prepare user manuals and provide remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhance network security, including the documentation of network processes and cabling layouts.
- Remain up to date on new developments in network technologies and infrastructure,
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and resolving security problems.
- Defend systems against unauthorized / malicious access and identify compromised machines.
- Monitor computer networks for security threats, unauthorized users, and online traffic for malicious activity.
- Analyze security risks, assist in developing response procedures and report on security measures taken to address threats.
- Security awareness training of the workforce on information security, standards, policies, and best practices.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in the field of computer science and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications relating to networking and security fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including system vulnerability scanners, patch management applications, forensic tools SEIM products, and phishing tools.
- Experience implementing and enforcing multi-factor authentication.
- Certified CompTIA, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- Cryptology methods including SSL, TLS, public and private key cryptography.
- Strong working knowledge of Network Cabling installation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as TCP, IP, UDP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, and EIGRP.
- Experience with both wired and wireless wide area networks.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Valid Class G driver’s licence with an acceptable Drivers Abstract and provision to own vehicle.
- Acceptable police records check.