Clerk IV, Finance - Up to 18 Months
- Posted by: City of Kingston
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $26.96 - $34.48
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members LGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
**This is a temporary position covering full-time hours for up to 18 months**
Reporting to the Director, Housing & Social Services, this position performs all Housing & Social Services office administration functions, including but not limited to, procurement, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, coordination of attendance information and related HR administration.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of procurement activities for the department including receiving & processing payments for office supplies, equipment, related maintenance and services
- Process accounts payable and receivable transactions, respond to all related inquiries
- Reconcile monthly and year end office administration accounts and prepare financial reports
- Maintain attendance information and prepare hourly payroll, maintain related in house records, tracking tools and schedules; research and resolve related issues
- Complete all required HR actions & documentation; respond to employee related inquiries
- Manage telephony system and respond to related issues and inquiries
- Coordinate employee systems and building access
- Manage cash receipts including bank deposits
- Manage records related to the above duties including their filing, storage and purging
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of procurement activities for the designated business unit
- Provide administration support to department’s Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Issue manual replacement client cheques
- Prepare cost and statistical reports as requested
- Assist with general admin office functions including mail distribution and general staff inquiries
- Know and observe Occupational Health & Safety regulations and local office security policies in the performance of all duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 year diploma
- 1 year experience in payroll data entry and bookkeeping in an accounts payable and receivable environment.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Typing 50 wpm (tested) and Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (word, excel and access tested)
- Knowledge of provincial Social Assistance Technology (SDMT) and PeopleSoft software an asset
- Intermediate mathematics/accounting/skills
- Ability to interpret policy
- Ability to create reports and inventory data
- Strong organization & administration skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage difficult interactions
- Adherence to strict confidentiality requirements
- Required to obtain and maintain satisfactory criminal record check at candidate's expense.
- Must demonstrate Corporate Competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.