Emergency Department Technician
- Posted by: London Health Sciences Centre
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 5
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College
Assess injuries, administer emergency medical care, and extricate trapped individuals. Transport injured or sick persons to medical facilities.
- Emergency Department - Victoria and University Hospital
- Status: Regular Part-Time and Regular Full-Time opportunities
- Successful completion of a Paramedic Diploma from a community college
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers course: BLS-HCP(C) to be renewed annually
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of CPR and ability to perform compressions during CPR
- Ability to complete Management of Aggressive Behaviour training to be renewed annually
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Demonstrated proficient Aseptic/Sterile Technique
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability to change, as well as organize, prioritize and manage time in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of emergency department equipment and related mechanical skills
- Ability to problem solve with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, and well developed decision making skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of legislation regarding Mental Health
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated advanced competence with regard to patient safety
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated advanced competence with regard to being patient focused with a service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Automated Clinical Systems
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC's Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Successful candidates will be required to complete a health review which includes providing vaccination records or proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox) prior to starting at LHSC.
In addition, candidates will need to provide documentation of Tuberculosis Skin testing and a completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines) prior to starting at LHSC.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Together we care, we learn, we discover.
Connect with us today! Please check out all of our career opportunities at: http://www.lhsc.on/careers