Front of House Manager
- Posted by: Juniper Cafe
- Closing Date: Nov 1, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.00 - $21.00 (plus tips)
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35-40
- Schedule: Days, Weekends
The Juniper Cafe is opening a new location in Kingston's West End and looking for a Front of House manager to run our sweet little community cafe. The role will begin at our current location (370 King St West) for preparation & training as a barista, then move to 497 Cataraqui Woods Dr upon opening in Winter 2023. We look forward to meeting interested applicants.
The Front of House Manager will begin as a team member role with the opportunity to grow into a lead position. The leadership role entails (but not limited to) merchandising, cash deposits and float management, order placing, training, supervising, inventory management, scheduling, maintenance of internal standards & processes, etc.
- Valid Smart Serve
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (minimum of two dose)
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Able to work standing during long periods
- Able to work in an environment with all food types & possible allergens (meat, dairy, gluten, nuts, etc.)
- Able to lead in a team environment valuing respect of people & spaces
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written
- Able to continue learning while coaching and leading others
- Tip pooling
- Dental & wellness for full time employees
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Discounted on food & retail
- Working in a team environment
- Participate in teambuilding activities
Candidates with barista & management experience with an ability to commit long term will be preferred.
Apply by visiting our website (www.junipercafe.ca/team) and sending us your resume directly. Let us know why you think you'd be a great fit!