- Posted by: A. Santin Mason Contractor Ltd.
- Closing Date: Oct 21, 2022
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 42
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Estimator – Masonry
A. Santin Mason Contractor Ltd., Kingston Ontario
For over six decades, we have touched the landscape of Kingston and South-Eastern Ontario. We are proud to service clients including Queen’s University, The Royal Military College and Ford Henry, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Each building or structure is a testament to our workmanship, skill, and eye for details. Our passionate and knowledgeable team delivers projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in this rapidly changing world. We have the resources, capacity and expertise to tackle all projects of any scope, scale and complexity. So, join our team and make a difference.
To learn more about us, please visit www.santinmasonry.com. To learn more about relocating to our beautiful city, please visit www.kingstoncanada.com.
About the Role
The Estimator reports directly to the Vice President and will be responsible for determining what projects to bid, and providing input on construction and feasibility of project.
As the Estimator you will:
- Compile and organize bid closing documents for submission on closing day
- Preparation of quantity take-off and soliciting pricing from subcontractors and supplier
- In conjunction with the Vice President/team completes a final bid submission review and oversees the final tender documents submission to the client
- Meet with Vice President to prepare project budget, schedule, and project execution plan and identify any potential risks to the lead Foreperson prior to the project starting and throughout its life cycle
- Act in an advisory capacity to the site team when they have questions about the job
- Prepare quote for extras or changes in work requirements that includes time, materials, labour and premiums
- Monitor and update the detailed cost budget for the project and distribute notify Vice President/or client of revisions accordingly
- Collaborate on regular basis with project Foreperson (s) and Superintendent
- All other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, or relevant post-secondary education is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the ICI, required
- Experience in both estimating and project management is required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet firm deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Work, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
- Ability to use sound judgement and make effective decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- Must have a strong attitude towards safety and work within company policy and legal requirements for Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal, in English
- Strong mathematical reasoning and ability to analyze building drawings/blueprints.
- Some knowledge of job cost fundamentals and basic accounting/reporting principles
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy a positive work environment as you learn and grow with the company.
Please submit resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.