Personal Support Worker
- Posted by: Sherwood Park Manor
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Brockville
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $23.65
- Positions Available: 9
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College
Sherwood Park Manor Long Term Care Home is a full-service non-profit, non municipal Nursing Home licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Manor, as it is commonly referred to, has a rich and interesting history and maintains a high profile in our local community. Our Vision is: “A choice to celebrate living”. Our Values are: Choice, Collaboration, Compassion, Professionalism, Respect and Safety.
Reporting to the Director of Care/Assistant Director of Care and working under the supervision and direction of the Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) will assist residents of varying ages meet their physical, social and emotional needs. The PSW will perform personal care and selected nursing measures to promote the well-being of each resident.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department of Sherwood Park Manor.
- Participate in the overall activation and restoration process developed by Sherwood Park Manor to promote the well-being of each resident.
- Observe and report changes in the resident's physical, social and emotional condition.
- Assist residents with daily activities of living and the provision of palliative care.
- Complete documentation in accordance with Sherwood Park Manor’s policies and procedures.
- To follow safe practices by using proper body mechanics, adhering to transfer/lift policies and procedures.
- Adhere to proper infection control best practices.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the home.
- To perform additional related duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Completion of an approved Personal Support Worker Program.
- Experience and passion to work in a Long Term Care environment.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Experience using Point of Care software program.
- Maintain positive relationships with other multidisciplinary team members, families and the public.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate effective, professional oral and written communication.
- Encourage effective teamwork as a positive role model for other staff.
- Interact tactfully and courteously with residents, families and visitors.
- Have the capacity to deal with distractions and multiple demands on one’s time.
- The maturity to assume accountability for one’s own actions.
All while showing compassion and care to the Manor’s residents:
- Stand and walk for long periods
- Sit for short periods
- Bend, stoop, and carry
- Push/pull wheeled equipment
- Safely transfer and lift (up to 20 kg.) in accordance with Sherwood Park Manor’s transfer and lift procedures
- Work day, evening, night shifts; weekends, holidays and for call-in shifts.
- Must have an up to date 2 –step TB test.
- All candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 including all booster doses as you become eligible. Staff participate in rapid antigen testing and active screening.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter demonstrating how their skills, qualifications, and background are a fit for this opportunity. Applications will be accepted until Sep 30, 2022 end of business day.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Sherwood Park Manor provides accommodation to any candidate upon request throughout the recruitment process. Sherwood Park Manor is also committed to providing a work environment that supports diversity in all of its forms, believing that each employee has the right to participate in an equitable and inclusive workplace.
Sherwood Park Manor offers competitive compensation and immediate access to the HOOPP pension plan; salary is commensurate with experience. To find out more information about the Sherwood Park Manor, please visit our website at https://sherwoodparkmanor.com/. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage: $20.65 plus $3.00 government subsidy
To apply for this position please visit forward applications to: