Dietary Aide, Rideaucrest Home
- Posted by: City of Kingston
- Closing Date: Dec 7, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $23.43 - $28.19
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: up to 75 hours/2 weeks
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Dietary Aide, Rideaucrest Home, Temporary Part-Time
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members *2SLGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
*Please note this is a temporary part-time position for up to 6 months*
Under the direction of the Food Services Supervisor and Nutrition Supervisor/Registered Dietitian, the Dietary Aide will respond to the established resident’s nutrition care needs and provide safe, nutritious food to residents, delivered in a clean home-like setting. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and dish area cleanliness.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and portioning meals according to nutritional care plans and resident preferences for all meal services using the approved posted menus;
- Maintain cleaning and sanitation standards in serveries, dining area, dish room and kitchen area. Ensure all dishes, pots and pans are washed and sanitized properly;
- Receive kitchen deliveries and verify all orders for correct quantities and quality;
- Rotate and store inventory;
- Complete required documentation (cleaning and food temperature) as stipulated through policies & procedures of the department, Rideaucrest and the Ministry Of Health Standards.
- Assist with catering as required;
- Actively promote and follow safe work practices and ensure accident prevention and health and safety responsibilities are fully met by self and others;
- Maintain resident confidentiality;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education;
- Six (6) months experience as a server in a health care setting, food service, or hospitality industry;
- Preference given to candidates who have successfully completed the Food Service Worker certification;
- Consideration given to candidates who are enrolled in the Food Service Worker program and can successfully complete the program within specified time frame;
- Ability to read and understand recipes and quantities of ingredients;
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies of Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Understand the importance of nutrition, sanitation, safety, and hygiene;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multitask to meet resident needs;
- Demonstrate good writing skills and with the ability to follow both verbal and written directions;
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must wear appropriate uniform, footwear, and head cover;
- Able to perform the essential duties of the job such as standing and walking short distances for lengthy periods of time and maneuvering dish trays and equipment;
- Must exercise caution and safe work habits at all times, tolerate noisy environments and withstand warm temperatures;
- Demonstrate compassion in a courteous, caring and respectful manner towards residents, staff and visitors at all times;
- Proof of recent screening for Tuberculosis (TB);
- Proof of immunity to communicable diseases;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at:
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Please ensure to check any spam or junk folders for any emails coming from a City of Kingston account.