- Posted by: Cardinal Health
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Gananoque
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.00 - $18.50
- Positions Available: 20
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Shift
- Education: High School
Production Assembly Workers
Cardinal Health, with over 1300 employees in Canada, is an essential link in the Canadian healthcare supply chain, providing over 70,000 products to healthcare facilities and medical professionals across the country.
Cardinal Health-Gananoque manufactures many life impacting medical devices that help our customers thrive in a changing world. We are your humble partners, striving each day to make healthcare more efficient and effective and our patients as healthy as possible. We are more than 350 employees with 112 years of Canadian history, a deep understanding of the medical devices we manufacture every day and a passion for innovation.
We are looking for positive and team-oriented individuals to join our Gananoque manufacturing center to support the production department. Join our assembly team to make an impact by operating manual and semi-automated machines to produce disposable electrodes while ensuring quality and productivity standards are met.
- $17.00 - $18.50 an hour + $2000 Sign-On Bonus!
- 8-hour shifts
- Rotating weekly - Midnight (11:00PM - 7:00AM), Afternoon (3:00PM - 11:00PM), and Day Shift (7:00AM - 3:00PM).
1. Operation of semi-automated machines in a safe manner to produce disposable electrodes
- Set up machine with proper materials
- Replenish raw materials as required
- Monitor machine operation and make necessary adjustments
- Ensure all safety guards are in place and functional
- Weld, sticker, wrap electrodes as per quality standards
- Ensure proper coding of product
2. Cleaning and preventative maintenance
- Ensure clean & orderly work cell by following established standards to improve overall efficiency of operations
3. Perform in-process quality assurance tests
- Sample product as defined in work instructions and quality system
- Notify Lead Hand, Supervisor, or Quality Assurance of non-conformances
- Make corrections or adjustments as required
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Machine maintenance skills and problem-solving ability preferred
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs. and work in repetitive motion environment
This could be your ideal career move:
- You are detail orientated and take pride in producing work with high accuracy while achieving standard goals
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while working in both a sitting and standing position
- You appreciate working in team environment where clear communication and quality control are crucial
- You can work in a 24/5 environment (rotating shifts)
- You have general knowledge of an industrial/manufacturing environment
- You have some computer skills
- Full dental and health benefits including life insurance from day 1
- Pension plan with generous employer matching
- Incentive plan
- Paid vacation days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid uniform and safety shoes allowance
- In-house training on safety measures, production tasks and equipment
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.