Intervenor Support Worker
- Posted by: Sensity Deafblind and Sensory Network of Canada
- Closing Date: Dec 24, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $19.38
- Positions Available: 2
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 24
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: High School, College
- Independent Living Program
- Kingston, ON, CAN
Be someone's eyes and ears. Bring the world to a person who is deafblind.
Sensity has exciting opportunity for a Part Time Intervenor to Support People who are Deaf and Blind to join our team in Kingston, ON (Eastern Region). The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Part Time: an average of 24 hours/week (days, evenings, overnights, and weekends on a rotational schedule)
- Internal Applicant Reference: PT4
- A competitive wage (starting at $19.38/hour). Additional $3/hour wage enhancement while the Ministry is funding.
- Benefit plan including a Health Spending Account.
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service.
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad.
The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Supporting the consumer in their home and community environments.
- Using communication techniques to relay information.
- Empowering the consumer to participate and be successful in all aspects of daily living including personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, volunteerism, among others.
- Providing personal care as required (e.g. lifts and transfers, toileting, personal hygiene, medication administration, etc.).
- Assisting with developing and supporting consumer goals and objectives.
- Assisting with program development.
- Ensuring documentation and records are complete.
Education and Related Experience:
- We will train you to support our clients through our in-house training program
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in the Intervenor for Deafblind Persons program, or: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Community Services Worker (CSW), Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), or a related human services field.
- Experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Experience supporting persons with mental health conditions.
- Communication in American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed Exact English (SEE) is an asset but not required.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance.
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, a clean current driver's abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of $2 million.
- This position requires repetitive hand motion and good manual dexterity and moderate stooping, bending and lifting. The incumbent must be able to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. The position will be required to work indoors and outdoors.
Apply NOW with your resume to email@example.com
Please quote job KPT033021-SLC in your application when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.