- Posted by: KRSS Services
- Closing Date: Dec 31, 2022
- City: Ottawa
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $18.00
- Positions Available: 10
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 28
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School
KRSS - Ottawa's Child Care Staffing Agency is hiring within the Child Care Industry. We have an immediate opening!
• Must be able to work 4-5 days a week from Monday to Friday
• Must be able to accept a variety of shifts
• 8-hour shifts during regular business hours between the hours of 8:00am-6:00pm
• Morning shifts (8:00am to 1:00pm)
• Midday shifts (10:00am to 2:00pm)
• Afternoon shifts (1:00pm and 6:00pm)
Working in variety of programs in childcare centres
• Travel is required within city limits
• Competitive an hourly rate – $18.00 per hour plus benefits after 3 mos. of employment completed
• Opportunity for growth within the Childcare Industry
• Consistent employment
• Easily accessible by public transportation
• Partially Paid breaks
• Management Support
• Opportunity Showcase your Skills
• Diverse work environment in a tight knit team
KRSS Services works with a multitude of childcare centres across Ottawa-Carleton, giving our employees positive exposure in the industry.
KRSS Services considers the health and safety of our employees our top priority. We adhere to the strict protocols implemented by Ottawa Public Health to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the community we work in.
• Support regular staff as needed
• Ensure Safety of children by always supervising them
• Toileting Routine including changing diapers
• Promote physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children
• Provide opportunities to express creativity through play
• Maintain classroom tidiness
• Proficiently finds appropriate ways to deal with challenging behaviours and situations, and guides towards a suitable outcome
• Uses appropriate and positive techniques to maintain those suitable behaviour limits
• Recognizes, respects, and responds to diversity within the program
• Serves nutritious snacks to the children using proper food handling techniques
• Helps with laundry, toy/equipment disinfecting
Send your resume to email@example.com
The Program Helper, under the direction of KRSS Services and in conjunction with the Child Care Centre Management, Lead Educators and Staff, help their Child Care Programs in accordance with the individual Program Statement(s) and in their program classroom(s) and the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA).
The Program Helper is responsible in helping the Lead Educators, Early Childhood Educators and Educators in providing diverse basic care needs including preparation of proper nutritional meals and performing light cleaning duties.
• Strong knowledge of child development
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem solver and proactive thinker
• Effective time-manager and multi-tasker
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Experience with special needs children will be considered an asset
• Resume showing related childcare experience and/or education
• Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
• Police Check for the Vulnerable Sector
• Immunization Records showing up to date immunizations
• Proof of 2nd COVID vaccination
• You may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood Education, Summer Camps, Child Care Centers
It's as easy as 123 to be part of KRSS Services' amazing team!
All individuals working in childcare centres are required to wear a face shield and mask and to constantly wash their hands and to maintain social distancing.