- Posted by: The John Howard Society of Kingston
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $44,761.00
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Contract
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
ReStart is a program of the John Howard Society of Kingston and District. We provide a wide range of employment counselling services to help people prepare for, find and keep employment.
POSITION: Employment Consultant
LOCATION: 900 Montreal Street, Kingston, Ontario.
STATUS: Contract 12 months Full/time (potential of an extension)
SALARY: Starting at $44,761
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
1. Conduct needs assessments, job readiness and service planning towards employment outcomes
2. Provide targeted interventions to assist clients in developing effective job search/retention strategies.
3. Maintain client files (electronic and paper) and performing all related data entry.
4. Help clients overcome barriers to finding and retaining jobs
5. Maintain awareness of local labour market trends and training/education opportunities
6. Conduct initial intakes to determine service eligibility; explain and promote all Employment Ontario programs and services
7. Assess client needs with respect to job readiness, work experience, capacity to carry out a job search, and to make decisions about careers
8. Facilitate individual and group employment preparation workshops
9. Foster business relationships for employment opportunities for clients
10. Monitor client progress through regular contact with employers and service providers
11. Participate in staff meetings, team days, and other activities that foster positive working conditions and enhancement to service to clients
12. Provide temporary replacement and relief coverage, when required
13. Liaise with various levels of government and external agencies
• A diploma in a related field or combination of education and relevant work experience
• Experience in employment counselling, case management
• Demonstrated understanding of the local labour market trends and challenges
• Experience working with individuals from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, databases and internet – experience with CAMs or IOM is an asset
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Internal applicants are given priority in consideration.