Site Waste Management & Sustainability Leader
- Posted by: HFI
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Prescott
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $55,000 - $65000
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
HFI Pyrotechnics Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company near Prescott, Ontario, which manufactures various military and consumer non-lethal pyrotechnic devices. We are the newest member of Canada’s Munitions Supply Program, and we have a growing range of products and services and customers from around the world. HFI is growing and maintains a culture of continuous improvement throughout its organization. HFI is on the ascent, and we are looking for energetic people with a positive can-do attitude to help us produce our world-class products.
You will report to the Director of Site Safety and Regulatory Compliance and own the waste management and sustainability program for HFI. You will collaborate across all functions to safely manage our waste streams and look for opportunities to reduce or eliminate waste. You will also support the ISO14001:2015 integration into HFI daily management processes and systems. As such, you will be responsible for setting priorities and developing the quarterly action plans to address our most significant opportunities, standards and procedures and planning the capability development needed at HFI to support the waste management and sustainability business goals.
You will be accountable for leading and supporting the development and implementation of the following:
- 2022 waste management baseline study and recommendations (P&RS)
- HFI waste management policy, culture and values of HFI
- assessing, developing and implementing standards and procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste treatment methods and processes
- ISO14001:2015 implementation and integration
- long-term masterplan and budget for the reduction and ongoing disposal of waste streams
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Modelling of the HFI Culture & Values
- Maintaining a safe work environment and supporting a safety-centred culture
- Completion of required reporting and compliance documentation
- Owning site waste management equipment and facilities, including problem-solving and equipment breakdown support
- Leveraging Continuous Improvement and ISO tools in a way that supports operational efficiency improvements and work process optimization
The ideal Job Candidate will:
- Model servant leadership and accountability and give and receive feedback routinely to improve the performance of yourself and others.
- Have experience and demonstrated results from owning and developing action plans, including the identification of priorities and help requests
- Be a team-oriented individual, receptive to others’ perspectives, and preferring group consensus when involved in decision–making activities.
- Be perceived as calm and patient and display a relaxed and composed approach to interactions and relationships.
Meeting Your Challenge
Your experience will probably include the following:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in related field, and/or a Waste Management or Environmental Sciences college/university diploma/degree
- A degree or diploma in environmental sciences, waste management or related studies is preferred.
- Working with LEAN/Continuous Improvement and ISO standards and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions after considering all facts, potential risks, customer needs, and alternative solutions when dealing with all issues.
- Coordinating and working with contractors, technical resources, and engineers
- A drive to find solutions and looking for ways to improve standards continually, so they are easier to follow, more efficient, safer and represent the best-known approach
- working in a dynamic work environment where personal flexibility and personal accountability are the requirement
- Potential Candidates must be fully vaccinated (2 covid vaccines - must be ready to show proof when coming for an interview).
- Enhanced Criminal Record Required
If you feel inspired after reading the above, and you fully believe that you can make a significant contribution to our future success, we would very much like to hear from you.
As part of your application, please attach:
- A cover letter. Yes, we absolutely will read it. Your letter should address: Why you may be an ideal candidate, i.e., you know you can meet ‘your challenge.’
- A complete chronological resume (no functional resumes, please).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000 to $65,000 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
Daily Wellness questionnaire before entry every morning; masks are optional.
Perks & Benefits
- Retirement savings plans
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Dental care insurance coverage
- Vision care insurance coverage
- Long term disability insurance
- Matching retirement contributions
- Paid holidays
- Team building courses
- Regular performance reviews
- Professional development
- 5 Day work weeks
- Casual dress code