National IT Students Inventory
- Posted by: Canada Revenue Agency
- Closing Date: Dec 14, 2022
- Start Date: Nov 25, 2022
- City: Ottawa
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.00 - $26.00
- Positions Available: 100
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Student
- Avg. Hours/Week: Varies
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
National IT Students Inventory
Group and level: SU-003
Requisition number: 58825529
Appointment Type: Student
Closing Date: December 14, 2022 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary range: $17 to $26
Branch: Information Technology|
Region: HQ - Headquarters
Language: Various linguistic profiles
About the job
The IT environment within the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is evolving quickly and offers numerous opportunities for IT professionals to be part of very exciting developments.
Here is what you can expect from the CRA:
- Flexible work arrangements
- In office or remote (depends on operational requirements)
- Flexible work hours
- A diverse and inclusive workforce
- To work on exciting projects to enrich your professional skills and competencies
- A long-lasting professional network with highly qualified professionals in Computer Science
- Opportunities to get involved in volunteer initiatives with the Young Professional Network.
- The Young Professionals Network is a network of self-identified young professionals looking to develop their skills, grow their network, challenge themselves, and contribute towards a better tomorrow.
Since 2017, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. We excel in the areas of Employee Engagement and Performance, Training and Skills Development, Community Involvement, and more.
To learn more about us, follow us on:
- Instagram: Canada Revenue Agency
- LinkedIn: Canada Revenue Agency
- Web: Canada Revenue Agency - Canada.ca
This staffing process will be used to staff positions at the SU levels. Your level of education will determine your salary and classification:
- SU-02 - College/CEGEP
- SU-03 - University Undergraduate
- SU-04 - Masters
- SU-05 - Doctorate
Language Requirements: English Essential or French Essential
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
Preference for appointment will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, in that order.
If you are a student with a work/study permit, you may apply. However, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents who meet the job requirements.
Positions will require in-person reporting. However, if operational requirements permit, virtual reporting may be an option.
Essential staffing requirements
To be eligible, you must meet the following education requirements:
You must have a full-time student status* at a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution** for the semester you will be hired (or enrolled full-time* the following semester).
You must be enrolled in a degree or diploma program in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Information Management, or other specializations relevant to the position.
*Students enrolled in school on a part-time status due to a disability, as recognized by the academic institution, or on a part-time during their last semester, are also considered eligible for employment as a student at the CRA.
**Recognized Canadian postsecondary institution:
A Canadian public or private institution that is recognized or authorized to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial/territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism. The institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials directory.
How to apply
Step 1) Create your CRA Candidate Profile - Candidate Profile
Step 2) Upload your proof of enrollment and resume in the Documents section of your Candidate Profile
You must upload proof of full-time enrollment and your resume in your Candidate Profile, and attach it to your application by the closing date and time of this notice of job opportunity.
Any of the following documents may be used as proof of enrollment for the Winter 2023 semester or beyond:
- Letter from Registrar (i.e: confirmation of enrollment letter)
- Unofficial transcript which specifically states your enrollment status
- Other acceptable documents proving enrollment status
- When in doubt, please upload any other supporting educational documents you may have.
Step 3) Complete all the required questionnaires.
Important: Before clicking on “Submit Application”, please ensure you have uploaded your proof of enrollment and resume, and have completed the questionnaires. Failure to provide the required documents and completing the questionnaires may result in your application not being considered further.
Perks & Benefits
- Health insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Dental care insurance coverage
- Vision care insurance coverage
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans
- Advantageous pension plan
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits
- Terrific benefits
- Competitive wages
- Death benefits
- Career planning and development
- On the job training
- Additional training available
- Training opportunities
- Team building courses
- Regular performance reviews
- Professional development
- Team building activities or trips
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Standing desks
- Ergonomic chairs
- Flexible vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- 5 Day work weeks
- Work on exciting projects
- Terrific work environment
- Flexible work environment
- Casual dress code