- Posted by: Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Services
- Closing Date: Feb 3, 2023
- Start Date: Feb 6, 2023
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $15.69 - $18.16
- Positions Available: 2
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 13 - 31
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Education: N/A
WHO WE ARE
The Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) supports the Canadian Armed Forces members and their families wherever they are in the world through the provision of fitness, recreation and leisure activities, family and charitable support, retail as well as personal financial services. We offer our employees the opportunity to work with a purpose every day in an inclusive, healthy, respectful and rewarding work environment.
As a Sales Associate, you provide retail services to a unique client base - members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), and in assisting them, you are helping your community. You may provide a variety of services, including regular retail services, dry cleaning, lottery services, self-serve gas services, postal services, and assisting CAF members with credit plan applications. You will operate Point of Sales systems, the debit/credit machine and maintain a float.
The Sales Associate responds to enquiries from customers providing them with information on merchandising and ensuring the store shelves are stocked, faced, and properly signed. You may take and prepare food and beverage orders and prepare takeout food, while ensuring cleanliness of food service and eating areas.
This is a role where everyone works as one team using modernized technology and an understanding of the unique pressures and rewards of military service to provide the best customer experience for our members and to simplify and improve their lives. If you thrive in a customer focused environment and in a culture that is passionate about exceeding customer expectations, this is the opportunity for you.
Education, Certifications and Licenses
- An acceptable combination of education, training, and experience
- In cash handling
- In food and beverage preparation, as required
- In food and beverage service, as required
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Client focus, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership
- English Essential, Bilingual an asset
- Reading: Basic
- Writing: None
- Oral: Functional
- Health Benefits: Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- Work Life Balance: Paid/unpaid leave, including vacation pay, family related leave and personal days.
- Retirement Planning: A Defined Benefit Pension Plan and Group Savings Plans.
- Learning and Development: Tuition Assistance Program, payment of professional association memberships, online learning opportunities and second language training.
- Perks: Discounts provided through CFAppreciation.
Perform moderate lifting, carrying, pulling and/or pushing (i.e. more than 10 lbs/4.5 kg but less than 50 lbs/23 kg)
This Category I unionized position is open to all interested parties. Preference will be granted in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the PSAC bargaining unit for NPF Category I employees at CFB Kingston.
- As soon as possible
INCLUSION AND ACCOMMODATION
CFMWS is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who can help us build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. Accommodations are available to all candidates identifying a need during all or any parts of the selection process.