Provincial Offences Clerk
- Posted by: The County of Hastings
- Closing Date: Feb 6, 2023
- City: Belleville
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $47,463.57 - $52,149.79
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
Provincial Offences Clerk
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Provincial Offences Clerk at the County Administration Building in Belleville, Ontario.
The Provincial Offences Clerk provides clerical support, pre-court preparation and in court support on behalf of the County of Hastings relating to the receiving and processing of all charges under the Provincial Offences Act, utilizing the Provincial mainframe system ICON (Integrated Courts Offences Network). This position provides a courtroom monitor in the Provincial Offences Court operating the court recording equipment. To provide information to clients on various court related processes, procedures and document requirements, accept payments of fine and restitution, and to perform various case flow support activities to facilitate the court process from initiation to conclusion.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Provincial Offences office and Provincial Prosecutor, including quality customer service at the Reception Counter and on the telephone.
- Collect and process fine revenue from cash, credit and debit transactions as well as internet payments.
- Process and balance daily revenues and prepare deposits.
- Intake of charges as per the Act and the data entry of charges utilizing the Provincial ICON (Integrated Courts Offences Network) computer system.
- Prepare correspondence and update appropriate documentation for the administration of court including maintenance of court file records.
- Receive, process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and court documents.
- Update and prepare dockets for court. Sort and file documents by conviction date. Update adjournments, time served, amended charges and extension of time to pay applications.
- Act as court monitor in courtroom, keeping a detailed log of all court proceeding and monitor electronic audio recording equipment, document all exhibits and follow proper procedure to arrange for special court requirements.
- Ensure the efficient operation of all recording and transcription equipment at all times
- Ensure proper protocol and operation of the courtroom during proceedings including opening and closing court as per the rules of Ontario Court of Justice, recessing, adjourning, calling cases and paging parties. Ensuring appropriate security, administrative protocol, and maintaining order and decorum in the court.
- Review and sign under statutory signing authority orders, documentation relating to proceedings in accordance with the rules. Ensure the decision of the court is accurately incorporated into the order of Justice of the Peace endorsement.
- Enforcement procedures such as license suspension as per legislation for non-payment of fines.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Post Secondary School Diploma in Court Support Services, Legal Administration or Business Administration.
- Two years experience working in a court environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act and other related legislation and the ability to apply pertinent procedures, rules statutes and regulations for court administration.
- Experience in court scheduling, offence entry and administration with the ICON System.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and case management software.
- Exceptional organizational skills.- including proven accuracy and attention to detail when completing data entry, setting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively interact and the aptitude to deal appropriately with conflict in contentious situations is a requisite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement when dealing with confidential information.
- Access to reliable transportation is required for travel to satellite court offices
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30-4:30 (Monday – Friday)
RATE OF PAY: $47,463.57 - $52,149.79/annum
Please send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: 2022-496-CHS-376 in the subject line
Closing Date: Monday, February 6, 2022 by 4pm
Colleen Dunham, BBA CHRP
A/Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.