Business Office Coordinator
- Posted by: St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Cornwall
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $30.31 - $37.87
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Business Office Coordinator
At SJCCC, we recruit and retain the best staff! If you are passionate about teamwork and connecting with others, then SJCCC is where you want to be.
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre is seeking a full-time Business Office Coordinator. This is a non-union position. We offer a competitive salary range between $30.31 - $37.87, 7.5 hour shifts, HOOPP Pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, paid sick time, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Responsible for activities related to reception and administration duties which include;
- Generates billings for accommodations and services, including processing rate changes, issuing monthly statements and processing Electronic Fund Transfers.
- Responsible for balancing accounts receivable.
- Manages collection procedures for outstanding balances.
- Meets with residents and families on admission to complete applicable accommodation agreements and consents.
- Responsible for processing rate reduction applications for eligible residents/patients.
- Responsible for timely preparation of bank deposits.
- Prepares yearly statements of accounts for all patient’s income tax and residents upon request.
- Assists with processing supplier invoices.
- Assists with other financial related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Analyses general ledger accounts and maintains statistical and financial reports as required.
- Organize and file documents in a timely manner.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French mandatory.
- Understanding and experience with information technology tools, i.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, and financial accounting software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Three to five (3-5) years of customer/financial service experience.
- Must be detail conscious with a high degree of accuracy.
- Criminal reference check for the vulnerable sector.
St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre (SJCCC) is home to Hotel Dieu Hospital and St. Joseph's Villa.
Located in downtown Cornwall, Ontario, SJCCC offers Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care services to adults at its 208-bed state-of-the-art healthcare facility.
With a legacy that spans over 125 years in the Cornwall community, SJCCC is proud to be accredited by CARF International and a member of Catholic Health International, sponsors of hospitals and long-term care facilities in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, Canada; Illinois and Wisconsin, U.S.A.; and the Dominican Republic.
Cornwall is one of the largest cities in Eastern Ontario and boasts a modern economy led by forward-thinking companies. Situated along the St. Lawrence River and Highway 401, Cornwall is well serviced by road and railway transportation and is only an hour's drive from Montreal and Ottawa.
Cornwall is also one of 14 Ontario border crossings between Canada and the United States.
“In the spirit of the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph, we reveal God’s love and mercy through compassionate care focused on the body, mind and soul of all those whose lives we touch.”
** Accommodation will be provided for all parts of the hiring process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If required, applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org