- Posted by: UNION
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Nov 8, 2022
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 2
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35-40
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends
Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
What you will do:
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
Tools / Technologies:
- Compliance software: Food safety labeling systems
- Point of sale POS software: Point of sale POS restaurant software