- Posted by: Nick Dennis Custom Carpentry
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School
Nick Dennis Custom Carpentry is a full-service carpentry company located in Kingston, ON. We provide quality and professional carpentry and construction services to home owners and businesses in the Kingston area. A superior attitude towards customer service and strong work ethic is required to succeed in this position.
We are seeking an experienced Carpenter to join our team; the job will entail working in diverse settings to produce high quality residential buildings and products. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of wood and other building materials properties as well as construction techniques additionally experience in historical restoration and timber frame construction would be an asset.
- Communicate daily with supervisor on completed work, works in progress, and reporting any issues or deficiencies that arise on site of the project.
- Complete daily tasks with a high level of accuracy and efficiently.
- Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions.
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job and monitor equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements of materials and processes.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other materials according to measurements.
- Build and install building framing, windows, doors, staircases and finishing by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Lay out framing, floorings, roofing materials or drywall ensuring they are aligned and well fitting.
- Construct and assemble cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
- Inspect buildings and conduct repairs or maintenance.
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures.
These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all-encompassing and may change from time to time. Additional carpentry duties including demolition and working from heights in addition to other tasks will occur due to the nature of our business.
- Proven experience as carpenter with at least 5 years construction experience.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must work well in team environment and be flexible to changing requirements.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual tools and measurement devices (powered saws, hammers, laser levels).
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to follow safety instructions and guidelines at all times.
- Working at Heights Training Certificate.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- Ability to safely lift, carry and move standard construction material and tools.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients on site.
- Work is of a physical nature often outside in all weather
- This position works on job sites mostly within the Kingston area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area.
- Work hours are generally Monday – Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm but may include some required overtime.
- CSA footwear and other appropriate PPE must be worn at all times when on job sites.