- Posted by: Nick Dennis Custom Carpentry
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 2
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School
Nick Dennis Custom Carpentry is a full-service carpentry company located in Kingston, ON. We provide quality and efficient carpentry services to homeowners and businesses.
Assist and support a skilled carpenter on various job sites to construct custom residential and light commercial projects. Some experience in construction is essential; however, you need not be fully qualified, we are interested in candidates who are eager to learn more about the construction industry.
- Assist with the various types of residential construction, including but not limited to: foundations(may be required to do some manual excavation), decks, stairs, framing, sheeting, exterior siding, roof trusses and roofing.
- Assist with installation of windows and doors and related trim, installing drywall (measuring, cutting, securing), installation of sub-floors, floors, installation interior trim and fixtures (baseboards, cabinets, etc.) and surface refinishing of projects (filling, sanding, and painting).
- Required to erect and dismantle scaffolding, ramps and barricades.
- Load and unload construction materials to work areas.
- Clean work site areas and dispose of materials. Conduct labourer duties as needed.
- Daily completion of time-sheets.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients on site.
- Ensure all safety standards and protocols are followed.
These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all encompassing and may change from time to time. Assisting with other carpentry duties including demolition and working from heights in addition to other tasks will sometimes occur due to the nature of our business.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Enrollment in a carpentry apprenticeship program is an asset.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment.
- Positive attitude towards safety.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to safely lift, carry and move standard construction material and tools.
- Good working knowledge of basic construction practices
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must have basic hand tools for carpentry
- Strong desire to learn and outstanding work ethic is required
- Work is of a physical nature
- This position works on job sites mostly within the Kingston area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area.
- Work hours are generally Monday – Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm but may include some required overtime.
- CSA footwear and other appropriate PPE must be worn at all times when on job sites
To apply for this opportunity please email: firstname.lastname@example.org