Junior Mechanical Designer
- Posted by: Callidus Engineering Inc.
- Closing Date: Apr 30, 2023
- City: London, Kitchener, Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Design services - Plumbing, Mechanical & Electrical Design Services for buildings such as commercial, educational, healthcare, industrial, institutional, recreational, residential, religious and transportation.
We are the Callidus Engineering team. We make buildings work!We offer a diverse, flexible workplace where you have a career, not just a job.Callidus Engineering is built on values of community, ambition and integrity. We value our team members. We are always striving to improve. We mean what we say. Do you have 0-5 years of experience in Mechanical Design with a focus on Building Services? If so, we are looking for you to complement our Kingston Office.
Check us out! https://callidus.ca/work-at-callidus/We have competitive wages. We offer a competitive benefits package.
- Mechanical Design and Drafting
- Setting up drawings and backgrounds
- Drafting mark-ups provided by senior staff
- Heat transfer calculations
- Heating and cooling equipment sizing
- Pipe sizing and pump selection
- Sizing pipes for domestic water and sanitary drain systems
- Sizing duct systems for air distribution
- Layout of fire protection systems
- Communicate with clients, contractors and sales reps, prepare project documentation and coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Conduct field reviews and construction administration (shop drawings, RFIs, CCNs, monthly draws, etc) and interact with installing trades during construction.
- Candidates with 0-5 years experience are encouraged to apply.
- Multi-Unit Residential Experience
- College degree such as Mechanical Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology
- Familiarity with AutoCAD/REVIT
- Pro-active approach to work assignments and opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and be organized, especially under the stress of deadlines
- Strong leadership skills
- Desire to work within a team environment and work across multiple offices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please apply to: https://callidus.ca/work-at-callidus/