Direct Support Professional
- Posted by: Community Living Kingston and District
- Closing Date: Apr 28, 2023
- Start Date: Mar 19, 2023
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $24.94
- Positions Available: 4
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 24
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends
- Education: College
Make a difference: We are currently searching for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our team at Community Living Kingston and District.
Who are we? Community Living Kingston and District (CLKD) is one of the largest and well-established developmental service organizations in eastern Ontario, serving over 650 people with intellectual disabilities. As a CARF accredited organization we take pride in our culture of lifelong learning and honoring best practices. We offer a wide variety of services in the Kingston, Gananoque, and Napanee communities.
CLKD has over 280 employees and staff are unionized through CUPE Local 2635.
Why Join our Team? CLKD is about people helping people. From frontline to management and administrative – every one of our employees plays a valuable role in helping CLKD meet the needs and interests of the individuals and families we support. If you are committed to making a difference, have a passion for helping others and are looking for a place to contribute , grow and learn from others, then consider joining CLKD. As our employee you’ll discover what it feels like to be a part of a caring community of staff members, volunteers, people we support and their families – a community that has inspired people to choose CLKD throughout its entire history dating back to 1953.
What do we offer ?
- Starting pay rate is $ 24.34 per hour. ( 19.68+ $3 per hour wage enhancement for most roles in the organization+ 7.33% vacation pay )
- Minimum 24 scheduled hours of work per week, but part-time staff can be scheduled and work much more
- Comprehensive benefits plan to all employees full-time and part-time, including presription drugs, vision and dental care, and extended health benefits..
- Paid accrued sick time.
- Participation in a co-contribution RRSP program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Employer-paid training programs with paid orientation
- Career development & internal growth opportunities
- Membership discount with Work Perks
What will you do? Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are responsible for the provision of direct support to adults with intellectual disabilities. Duties include provision of assistance with all skills of daily living, including personal care, skill development, household management; and support to individuals to enable them to participate fully in the life of the community.
What do you require?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (e.g., DSW, Community and Justice Services, Behaviour Science, Behavioural Psychology, SSW, CYW, or degree) is preferred. However, candidates with other diplomas and/or previous work experience in social services are welcome. Internationally trained professionals are welcome to apply.
- The ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Must be skilled in the areas of advocacy, flexibility, fostering independence in others, resilience, and must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be dedicated to ensuring that people with intellectual disabilities are included in their communities and have the opportunity to live as independently as possible.
- A CPIC with vulnerable sector screening must be provided.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G” driver’s license is required.
- Proof of Vaccination status will be requested.
What are the next steps?
- Once you apply, we’ll review your resume to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
- CLKD thanks all who apply, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a response.
More information can be viewed at https://myclkd.ca/get-involved/careers/
Diversity Statement: CLKD is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to maintaining a workplace culture of inclusiveness and supports the City of Kingston’s commitment to employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
Accommodation: CLKD is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible and inclusive organization, consistent with its core values. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment locations practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make those known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability related accommodation is available.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: From $24.34 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire
Work Location: In person