- Posted by: County of Frontenac
- Closing Date: Apr 7, 2023
- City: Glenburnie
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $24.13
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Casual
- Avg. Hours/Week: No guaranteed hours
- Schedule: Days
Position/Status: Maintenance Assistant - Casual
Internal Competition: FMT-23-027
Hourly Rate: $24.13 per hour + 4% vacation + 12.5% in lieu of all benefits and paid holidays
Posting Date: February 6, 2023
Line/Rotation Details: No guaranteed hours
Shifts Include: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM; and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
External Applicants: Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying for a position.
Click here to register for a careers account and/or to apply.
External Applicants Employee Referral:
Part of the application process allows you to indicate if you have been referred by a current employee with the County of Frontenac. This can be completed through the pre-screening questions or under the RSS option in your applicant account under Basic Information.
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for all aspects of building services including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems, maintenance of the buildings, grounds and other equipment for Fairmount Home and the County Administration offices. The Maintenance Assistant will carry out the duties in alignment to the organization’s mission, vision and values, and work to further its priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of high school graduation
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate in building maintenance mechanics, instrumentation or related field, acceptable to the Employer
- Completion (upon hire) and maintenance of a current Small Drinking Water System Operator Certificate
- One year of experience in painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and pneumatic control systems; experience in a similar environment may be considered
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the Gentlecare® philosophy
- Demonstrated understanding, acceptance and commitment to promoting the Home’s mission, vision and values
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems
- Knowledge of building automation and maintenance systems and ability to troubleshoot according to standards, policies and related legislation
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations pertinent to the role as well as an understanding of policies and legislation affecting the department; ability to understand the Building Code, Fire Code, Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 and Regulation 170/03
- Ability to read and understand technical documents including architectural, mechanical, electrical drawings and specifications and operational manuals
- Demonstrated commitment to client/resident-centered service
- Demonstrated respect for individual differences and competencies
- Demonstrated solid communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate information to a diverse audience base
- Demonstrated professional work ethic and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts and the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with ease and confidence in a professional, consistent and positive manner
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with the ability to function within a fast-paced environment, responding with flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change within an environment with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who is able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, clients/resident/patients and the public
- Demonstrated ability to build resiliency and be aware of own strengths and limitations
- Proven willingness to learn and acquire new information and skills
- Ability to problem solve using factual information
- Basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite of products (e.g. Outlook) and the ability to use other software applications applicable to the position (e.g. work order software and building automation software)
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to confidentiality while exhibiting discretion and good judgement
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Must hold a valid Class “G” driver’s license
- Satisfactory Police Record – Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Periods of time standing and walking
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Bending, lifting, carrying, gripping, reaching required
- Exposure to auditory amplifications
- Exposure to heat/cold temperatures
- Exposure to noise
- Exposure to dirt/dust
Click here to download job description.
The County of Frontenac is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process and applicants must make their needs known in advance.
The County of Frontenac values a diverse workforce and the unique differences that each individual brings to the workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of selecting candidates for the interview process and ultimate selection.
Questions regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information pursuant to MFIPPA may be directed to the Manager of Legislative Services/Clerk.
Launch Your Career #inFrontenac