Summer Student - 2023
- Posted by: Cardinal Health
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.00 - $18.50
- Positions Available: 5
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Shift
- Education: High School
Summer Students - 2023
Cardinal Health, with over 1300 employees in Canada, is an essential link in the North American healthcare supply chain, providing over 70,000 products to healthcare facilities and medical professionals across the country.
Cardinal Health-Gananoque manufactures many life-impacting medical devices that help our customers thrive in a changing world. We are your humble partners, striving each day to make healthcare more efficient and effective and our patients as healthy as possible. We are more than 350 employees with 112 years of Canadian history, a deep understanding of the medical devices we manufacture every day and a passion for innovation.
As a Summer Student, you could potentially support the Gananoque facility in several of the following ways:
• Pre-Wired Electrode Assembly
• ECG Electrode Inspection and Packing
• Operations Support
What do we look for?
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to interact at all levels and across diverse cultures
• Commitment to Quality and Safety compliance
• Ability to follow good documentation practices.
• Willingness to develop a good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology.
• Willingness to participate in Non-Conformance investigations and resolution where applicable.
• High school diploma preferred
• Excellent focus and dexterity while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to rotate between sitting and standing positions
• Ability to work rotating shifts on a 3-shift operation - Weekly rotation between Days/Afternoons/Midnights
• Authorization to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.