- Posted by: City Flats Asset Management Inc.
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Kingston, ON
Employment Type: Part-time or full-time
Who is Cityflats?
Cityflats is a boutique private equity real estate firm. We create and execute high-quality real estate projects with exceptional risk-adjusted returns for our investment partners. Currently, Cityflats has several development projects comprising purpose-built rentals, condominiums, and subdivision development with a total combined project value of over $300MM. Cityflats aims to be among the most sought-after and trusted private equity real estate development firms for high-net-worth individuals and families in Canada.
About This Role
The successful candidate will help to create and define the processes to manage and record the financial affairs/transactions, investor reports, and associated project operations for a family of companies. Since this is a growing business, there will also be regular cross-over to most, or all, aspects of the business, including acquisitions, leasing, fundraising, financing, and operations.
Duties and responsibilities, to include:
- Managing the company’s overall accounting system, including month-end and year-end close processes;
- Preparation and recording of entries to the general ledger, ensuring quality control over financial transactions and timely reporting;
- Managing project accounting sub-ledgers for various residential and commercial rental properties, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and applicable commodity taxes;
- Managing bank balances / cash positions between multiple accounts to ensure accurate and effective cash management practices;
- Maintaining accurate intercompany / project loan balances;
- Assisting with project financing activities, including the preparation of financing packages, analysis of potential loans, review of term sheets, preparation of monthly draw packages for construction loans, monitoring existing loan performance, and analyzing data to run risk management models;
- Completing HST filings and corporate remittances on a timely basis;
- Administering Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes;
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparing year-end working papers for external accountants and assisting in the preparation of corporate year-end filings, and
- Such other duties that may arise from time-to-time
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Commerce/Finance is required
- Previous accounts receivable experience is required, and experience in the real estate industry is preferred
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word), and Adobe products
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage a large volume of transactions and multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
Diversity and Inclusion
Cityflats is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Cityflats is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits package (full-time)