- Posted by: Southern Frontenac Community Services
- Closing Date: Apr 7, 2023
- City: Sydenham
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $21.74
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 14
- Schedule: Days
Southern Frontenac Community Services is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
The Cook will take direction from the Lead Cook and prepare nutritious meals for our senior clientele, taking into consideration special dietary requirements and tight timelines. The Cook will use knowledge of commercial kitchens and safe food handling practices to perform duties accordingly.
This is a part-time position (min. 14 hrs/week) with potential for additional hours, based in Sydenham, ON.
- Working for the Meals on Wheels program and preparing food for our deliveries, based on menus and instructions from the Lead Cook.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and clean kitchen that meets or exceeds KFL&A Public Health Inspection and Safe Food Handling requirements.
- Cook with, mentor and inspire kitchen volunteers.
Please reference our website for a more detailed job description: https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
- Cooking experience with demonstrated ability to read and follow recipes
- Willingness to take direction from Lead Cook
- Knowledge in the area of commercial kitchen equipment and regulations
- Knowledge of nutrition and special dietary requirements for seniors
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to remain calm and respectful under pressure
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role (e.g. standing, lifting up to 40lbs)
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Send a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the role requirements to Southern Frontenac Community Services via email to email@example.com with Cook in the subject line by April 6, 2023.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – please notify Chantal Tyrell if you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.