HR Administrative Assistant (Coop)
- Posted by: Innunco Academy
- Closing Date: Aug 21, 2023
- City: North York
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $16.55
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Student
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
About Innunco Academy:
We provide students with greater flexibility and more choices in completing the Ontario Secondary School Diploma requirements. Innunco provides students with additional options for learning, including diverse formats of course delivery to meet student needs, and help the students to develop the skills needed to succeed at the post-secondary level or in industry. By combining on-campus and online learning together, we aim to cultivate students in becoming inspiring leaders with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills. We help students to overcome challenges, develop personal goals and assist students in striving to achieve them.
Our purpose is to educate youths to become the leaders of tomorrow. Our responsibility as educators is to prepare and guide the next generation. We believe that every student is different in their abilities to adapt and learn. Our teachers and staff will prepare students with the skills and knowledge for future success.
Job Title: HR Administrative Assistant
This position is funded by the SWPP funding program. In order to be qualified for this funding, Canadian citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Starting Date: September 5th , 2023
Ending Date: December 22nd, 2023
General Job Description:
• Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
• Researching and providing counseling on HR policies and procedures.
• Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
• Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
• Schedule and make job interviews and contact candidates as needed.
• Updating internal HR databases with current employees and future perspective employees’
• Assist in recruiting for all other provinces offices in Canada and the US territory office.
• Providing the support to all interested applicants for funding applications and prepare federal and provincial funding applications and additional government applications for applicants.
• Create and implement effective on boarding plans and providing orientation for each new employee.
• Collecting timesheets and maintaining those records of attendance and vacation every month in
order to process the monthly payroll.
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like absences, bonus and leaves; in addition to T4 preparation at early of each fiscal year.
• Maintaining record of employment, record of attendance, T4 and etc. according to policy and legal requirements.
• Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Qualifications for the job
• This position is funded by the SWPP funding program. In order tobe qualified for this funding, Canadian citizenship or permanent residency is required.
• The candidate must be Canadian PR or Citizen, and we do not accept any international students for this position.
• This is a student co-op position.
• You ARE NOT REQUIRE OF the knowledge and skills of the computer languages, and coding to get this position, we will provide necessary basic training at work, according to the assigned, nature of the workload. Therefore, we encourage students who study at any major to apply.
• We welcome students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution's co-op program, following degree/diploma program to apply:
1) Undergraduates at University level
2) Diploma or advance diploma programs at Public College level
• The student who studies in the major related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business and Social Science, considered a priority.
• Basic English reading and writing ability, ability to communicate orally in English.
• Chinese (Mandarin) speaking will be an asset.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
• Team player
• Creative thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills
• $16.55 per hour, full-time co-op at 35 Hours per week, Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM-6:00 PM, excluding the statutory holidays.
• Comply with Ontario ESA
• Senior level of High school Math, Science, Physics, Biology, and English’s knowledge and skills will be tested at the interviewing section since this position requires candidates to have strong academic background, in order to handle the daily task.
• Must apply through the external link AND internally through the Co-op Portal
• Must apply through this link: https://form.jotform.com/202035421108035
• If you need assistants, you can contact me:
A. By email: email@example.com;
B. Call or Text: 416-792-8966
• Innunco Academy thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.