Environmental Services Worker
- Posted by: Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Greater Napanee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 25-30
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings
- Education: High School
Area of Assignment: Environmental Services Department
Basic Function and Scope:
The incumbent ensures that all Hospital areas are maintained in a clean, sanitary and safe manner in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Hours of Work: Schedule rotation will include all shifts and weekends.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the S.E.I.U. Local 1, Canada Service Workers Collective Agreement for Environmental Services Worker Classification.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma;
- Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers Association (OHHA), Environmental Services for Front Line Staff course (or willingness to obtain in 3 months).
- Previous experience in environmental services in a health care setting considered an asset.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of environmental cleaning best practices (Regional Infection Control Network);
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Basic computer skills for reporting incidents, continuing education and communications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully;
- Ability to work in a team environment exercising flexibility to organize work assignments and deal with interruptions;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must have annual review education completed;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.