Registered Nurse - ER
- Posted by: Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Greater Napanee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 25-30
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings
- Education: University
Area of Assignment: Emergency Department
Basic Function and Scope:
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse will provide professional nursing services to patients based on the standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends) as required.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the O.N.A. Collective Agreement for Registered Nurse Classification.
- Graduate of a Diploma or Degree Nursing Program;
- B.C.L.S. Current Certification;
- A.C.L.S. Current Certification;
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) (or enrolled to obtain within the first year of employment);
- Emergency Nursing Certification, an asset;
- Canadian Nurses Association, Emergency Nurse Certified Canada (ENC(C)), preferred.
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Affiliation with professional organization is an asset.
- Two (2) years recent and related experience, obtained within the last five (5) years, preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Evidence of continuing professional development;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Evidence of collaborative practice;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Proven ability to function in unexpected and critical situations;
- Capable of performing triage assessment;
- Knowledge of and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario;
- Must have annual review education completed;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.