Technician II - Rehabilitation Assistant
- Posted by: Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Napanee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $24.86 - $28.50
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 25-30
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Education: University
Basic Function and Scope:
Provides clinical care for assigned patients under the direction and supervision of the rehabilitation professionals or Internal Medicine Physicians, and performs associated functions to support service delivery. Participates in education of patients/families, supervises students and volunteers as assigned. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the incumbent participates in discipline-specific and interdisciplinary activities that are directed towards a patient-centered environment and that contribute to operational efficiency, professional and program development.
Hours of Work: Schedule rotation may include days, evenings and weekends.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the Wage Scale - S.E.I.U. Local 1 Canada, Paramedical Unit, Collective Agreement for Technician II Classification.
- Graduate of an approved Rehabilitation Assistant Program;
- Current B.C.L.S certification;
- Diploma from recognized and standardized education program for ECG technicians or a related post-secondary education program with certification in performance of ECGs and cardiac rhythm interpretation (preferred).
- Previous hospital or long term care experience in rehabilitation and gerontology is an asset;
- Previous experience with treadmill exercise testing (preferred).
- Understanding of the principles of rehabilitation and the rehabilitation process;
- Excellent customer service skills with sensitivity to needs of multicultural clientele;
- Capable of working independently;
- Working knowledge of Hospital Information Systems and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to prioritize urgent care needs and work as a member of a team to support efficient workflow within the department and with other departments within the hospital;
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients and families) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and completing relevant mandatory education is required;
- Must have previous good performance and attendance record.
- The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.