- Posted by: Community Living Kingston and District
- Closing Date: Jun 9, 2023
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Contract
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College
Community Living Kingston and District (CLKD) is a progressive organization that supports nearly seven hundred people with intellectual disabilities in the Kingston, Lennox & Addington, and Leeds-Grenville areas.
CLKD is seeking a candidate for the dynamic position of Administrative Assistant - Staff Scheduling. This is a full-time indefinite contract position that falls outside of the organization’s bargaining unit and reports jointly to the Scheduling Supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The core duty of this position will be to ensure that changes to posted staff schedules (e.g. sick calls, time off requests, etc.) are addressed in a timely manner for organizational divisions as assigned. Duties also include:
- Responding to correspondence (calls, texts, emails, etc.) related to staff absences, filling time off requests and addressing program-specific scheduling needs (e.g. coverage needed for appointments, medical needs, etc.);
- Ensuring that staffing is arranged and / or staff are re-deployed to meet the needs of persons served, within the parameters of the Collective Agreement;
- Maintaining and updating staff schedules that have been posted;
- Ensuring that staff hours are accurately provided in a timely manner to the Scheduling Supervisors;
- Maintaining and updating the Dayforce payroll, scheduling and HR system(s);
- Ensuring that all activities within their span of control and influence operate in accordance with legislative requirements and conform to best practice standards, CLKD policy and the Collective Agreement;
- Working collaboratively with Scheduling Supervisors, Human Resources Manager, Director of Human Resources, Division Manager, and individual program Coordinators to report on and solve program staffing concerns they are aware of that require attention;
- Completing all other duties as assigned, which may include providing back-up for reception and administrative duties.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, Medical or Office Administration or a relevant combination of education and experience may be considered, preferably in a unionized work environment;
- A sound understanding of the organization’s programs, personnel and scheduling practices;
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism, composure and tact under pressure and timelines while resolving conflicts;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of collaboration, creative problem solving and decision making, initiative, interpersonal relations and respect, planning and organizing, and resilience;
- Strong technology skills and attention to detail are a requirement for this position; experience with Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel) and scheduling/HR software is preferred;
- Experience in a position with a wide range of responsibilities that require integrity, confidentiality, adaptability, multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines is a requirement;
- A clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
Hours of Work:
This position is intended to work 40 hours per week, generally between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, and Weekend coverage on a rotational basis. Other hours including evenings and holidays may be required, as determined by the Scheduling Supervisors.
Note that the Scheduling Department’s current hours of operation are being piloted as follows (subject to change based on an assessment of this pilot):
- Fridays from 7:00a to 7:00p
- Saturdays from 6:00a to 7:00p
- Sundays from 6:00a to 7:00p
- Mondays from 6:00a to 4:30p
- Tuesdays from 7:00a to 4:30p
- Wednesdays from 7:00a to 4:30p
- Thursdays from 7:00a to 4:30p
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Instructions: Cover letters and resumes for this position will be accepted until the position has been filled and should be directed to:
Kim Dawdy, Human Resources Manager
CLKD thanks all who apply however only those candidates selected for an interview shall receive a response.
CLKD is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Kim Dawdy via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at (613) 546-6613 x 2159. CLKD is also committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environment, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.