- Posted by: Community Living Kingston and District
- Closing Date: Jun 9, 2023
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $57,553.00
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College, University
Community Living Kingston and District (CLKD) is a progressive organization that supports nearly seven hundred people with intellectual disabilities in the Kingston, Lennox & Addington, and Leeds-Grenville areas.
CLKD is seeking a candidate for a Residential Facilitator. This is a full-time indefinite contract position that is unionized within CUPE 2635.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In general, the Residential Facilitator is responsible for providing supports to individuals with intellectual disabilities in a group living arrangement, with fostering community connections a key component of the work. This program typically supports 4 individuals. Included in these supports are:
- Ensuring that supports provided in the home are inclusive, nurturing and secure;
- Leading the personal planning process for persons served and developing the ensuing Personal Plan document(s);
- Developing and implementing short and long-term strategies to address goals developed in the planning process;
- Alongside and / or on behalf of the individual, liaising with health care and other professionals, as well as with community connections that enhance the quality of the person’s life;
- Acting as the primary point of contact and information for families;
- Providing training to new and existing Direct Support Professionals working in the home.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma from an academic program that is at least two years in length (BA, DSW, SSW, CYC, CJS, Behaviour Science, Behavioural Psychology or equivalent);
- Candidates who possess a relevant combination of education and experience may also be considered;
- Values that match the goals and mission of Community Living Kingston and District;
- Well organized, with the ability to manage time within busy program environments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record of exercising mature judgment and sensitivity in supporting people with disabilities and their families/support networks;
- Due to the nature of the supports involved, this position requires that the incumbent have strong skills providing supports to those that may exhibit challenging behavior;
- Skilled in the areas of advocating for others, collaboration, creative problem solving and decision making, fostering independence in others, initiative, resilience and interpersonal relationships and respect;
- A valid full G driver’s license and personal vehicle;
- A clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
Hours of Work:
- Shift work with a combination of both daytime and evening shifts. Currently, the successful applicant will be required to work at least one full weekend per month. This is under review and hours of work may change from how they are posted.
Salary and Benefits:
- The current salary for this position is set at $57,553 per year, as per the Collective Agreement (increases as seniority accrued)
- Employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Three weeks annual vacation (increases as seniority is accrued)
- Benefits plan (drug, extended health) upon completion of probationary period
- Accrued paid sick time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Instructions: Cover letters and resumes for this position will be accepted until the position has been filled and should be directed to:
Kim Dawdy, Human Resources Manager
CLKD thanks all who apply however only those candidates selected for an interview shall receive a response.
CLKD is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Kim Dawdy via email (email@example.com) or at (613) 546-6613 x 2159. CLKD is also committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environment, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.