Registered Practical Nurse
- Posted by: Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Napanee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 25-30
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings
- Education: College
Area of Assignment: Acute Care
Basic Function and Scope:
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) provides professional nursing service to patients/residents based on the standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends), as required.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the S.E.I.U. Local 1 Canada Service Workers Collective Agreement for Registered Practical Nurse Classification.
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Program;
- B.C.L.S current certification;
- A member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Membership in good standing with Registered Practical Nursing Association of Ontario (RPNAO), preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated competence to initiate and administer Intravenous therapy & approved I.V. medications;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CNO Standards applicable to the RPN scope of practice;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional work environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing education;
- An ability to function in a crisis situation;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully;
- Demonstrated ability to be a supportive team member who is willing to work in a collaborative, civil, enthusiastic way promoting a safe and positive work place environment;
- Must have annual review education completed;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.