Teacher of the Deaf, Uncertified
- Posted by: Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch
- Closing Date: Jun 30, 2023
- Start Date: Sep 1, 2023
- City: Belleville
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $18.75
- Positions Available: 4
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Casual
- Avg. Hours/Week: up to20 hours per week
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College
Teacher of the Deaf, Uncertified - On Call Supply Opportunities
Positions available for 2023/2024 School year
A rewarding opportunity awaits you with The Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch in the following school:
- Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf - Belleville
Our schools are dedicated to providing quality education to Deaf and Hard of Hearing students. Currently we are seeking candidates who are interested in working under the direction of the Principal to provide support to students within the classroom, provide supervision and must be able to respond appropriately when issues arise. Interested candidates must be available for on/call supply work.
Uncertified/Emergency Supply Teachers will be assigned to our in-person schools. Uncertified/Emergency Supply Teachers are utilized for daily assignments when there are no supply teachers available for an assignment.
PDSB23-094 – Teacher of the Deaf, Uncertified Supply Positions available, Belleville
- Currently enrolled in a College Diploma program or University degree program or have completed a diploma/degree program;
- Experience working with Deaf/hard of hearing students in academic and in programs for students with multiple exceptionalities preferred;
- Experience working in an educational setting preferred;
- Some knowledge of child development and classroom and behaviour management techniques
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Ability to ensure the safety and security of students;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of student information;
- Ability to teach Deaf/hard of hearing students in academic programs and programs for students with multiple exceptionalities;
- Ability to develop/modify lesson plans, create IEPs as needed to successfully teach Deaf students;
- Ability to apply some knowledge of the principles of teaching Deaf students;
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students using a variety of behavioural management techniques;
- Ability to write and present education materials and lesson plans using excellent interpersonal and communication skills including proficiency in English;
- Ability to apply some knowledge of bilingual-biliteracy-bicultural education for Deaf students preferred;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and working with students with various exceptionalities.
LOCATION: Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf, 350 Dundas St W, Belleville, Ontario
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
Please submit a cover letter, your resume outlining qualifications, post-secondary education, and experience. Your cover letter must clearly identify the Competition File # PDSB23-094 and the location of the position to which you are applying.
Please submit your application to the following email address: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Vulnerable Service Sector Screening Requirement
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Posting Date: Friday, May 5, 2023
Closing Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
Clearance No: N/A