Mental Health and Addiction Worker
- Posted by: Lanark Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Brockville
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $21.56 - $22.67
- Positions Available: 5
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Casual
- Avg. Hours/Week: 0-37.5
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College
The Rehabilitation Worker will work with the client to implement an individual Recovery Plan of Care to address client goals. The home and the environment will be used as a recovery rehabilitation tool to develop activities of daily living and promote client transition to a less intrusive and more independent living situation.
The Rehabilitation Worker will monitor and attend to the well-being and safety of residents and maintain a comfortable and clean-living environment.
The Rehabilitation Worker will work to support clients to improve their social/interpersonal relationships, use leisure time effectively, encourage participation in events, encourage and support the development of natural friendships.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in a health-related field such as Social Service Worker, Mental Health and Addiction Worker, etc.
- Two years’ experience working in a health-related field preferred.
- Experience in Addictions and Mental Health.
- Current CPR and First Aid required.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
- Valid vehicle insurance with liability of $2,000,000 minimum.
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills/experience.
- Ability to work within Mental Health Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care guidelines, Psychosocial Rehabilitation Practitioner’s Code of Ethics, Best Practices, LLGAMH program standards.
- COVID-19 Vaccination required